Thanks for visiting my website!
For over 25 years I have played bass and touch guitar across the Northeast and East Coast with: Uncle Sammy, Gordon Stone, Gary Backstrom, Rev Tor Band, Dave Brunyak, The Steal Your Peach Band, Jo Henley, Interminable, Live at the Fillmore, Wolfman Jack, and many others.
I have several diverse projects:
* Arukah is an incredible new supergroup that I'm in with Dennis Angelo - guitar/vocals (The New Motif), Mark Munzer - keys/vocals (Playing Dead/The Knot), and Brian Epstein - drums (Playing Dead/Electro-Politics). The musicianship is at a very high level and we play all original music full of great songwriting, volcanic jam peaks, and diverse grooves.
* I have a unique Podcast called Witch Hunt - history told in music, song, and story that tells the story of the Salem Witch Trials. It is in the style of an old-time radio show with an art-rock twist and combines my love of history and music. I narrate the story with original music and songs. This idea originally began as a live theatrical rock opera concept and hopefully will be presented that way someday.
* Back in the spring of 2021 I played bass on an album of all original music written by my good friend Tor Krautter, The Rev Tor Band's "Snake Oil". Recorded at the Egremont Barn in The Berkshires (also one of my favorite venues to play), it's a great album full of killer tunes and incredible playing. I also have to say that recording engineer Frank Kennedy got some seriously great bass tones on this album!
* Throughout 2020 while hunkering down during Covid I remotely recorded bass tracks for the legendary Dave Brunyak (Pink Talking Fish/The Phreaks). He has a new band called Scoby and they're playing these tunes out on the road, the new album, called "Afterlife" is amazing, full of guitar tone glory and a very cool set of diverse tunes that Dave wrote.
* My band the Brian O'Connell Fellowship is a vehicle for performing my original compositions, including many tunes from Uncle Sammy and my rock opera Over The Line. We also play several great tunes written by our guitarist Jim McCann formerly of the band LIOS (Leave It On Stage).
* I regularly perform in the Northeast with The Steal Your Peach Band, a tribute to the music of The Grateful Dead, The Allman Brothers, and The Band. Led by legendary New England bandleader Rev Tor, we play these classic tunes while featuring the individual talents of the band members and our own group improvisational style. In the Fall of 2021 The Steal Your Peach Band will be changing its name to Dead Man's Waltz.
* You can also occasionally find me playing with the accordion-infused, world chamber noir group Minouchka, led by the incredible Rachel Koppelman.
* Head on over to my Bandcamp Page to check out all kinds of recordings that I have done over the years. New releases are posted regularly. One notable selection there is the long-lost studio recording by my old band Uncle Sammy, called Unearthed. You can also go on over to the Archive.org Uncle Sammy Page to check out some old gems!
Playing the bass has been one of the greatest gifts of my life. I live for intense improvisational jams and playing fun and interesting music for true music lovers and fans. I am interested in all kinds of music and appreciate all musicians, but I am especially inspired by the bass playing of: Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, Tony Levin, Steve Swallow, Roger Waters, Stanely Clarke, Phil Lesh, Mike Gordon, Berry Oakley, Scott Thunes, Jack Cassady; along with all of the classic 70's prog-rock and fusion bassists: Mike Rutherford, Greg Lake, Ray Shulman, John Wetton, Geddy Lee, Glenn Cornick, Chris Squire, etc.
I love writing music and am heavily influenced by composers and songwriters who dare to reach beyond the expected, musicians such as: Frank Zappa, Pat Metheny, Todd Rundgren, Phish, Oregon, Charles Mingus, Herbie Hancock, Trilok Gurtu, Joe Jackson, Igor Stravinsky, Joni Mitchell, The Grateful Dead, Santana, Gentle Giant, Jethro Tull, Yes, King Crimson, Carla Bley, and many others rock, jazz, classical, and world music legends.
My vision is to be able to create and perform more theatrical and experimental performances in the lineage of such creative acts as: Peter Gabriel & Genesis, The Tubes, Pink Floyd, etc.
Thanks again for visiting, I hope that we can meet in person sometime soon!
PS - All the gigs that I had this year from March on out have been cancelled and there is no telling telling when any gigs will come back, my personal feeling is most likely not until 2021. If you would like to help me out with a tip of appreciation and support I would be extremely honored and thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Enter the amount you wish to donate